Thursday, April 29, 2010

Right Here. Right Now.

God is so good. He never ceases to amaze me. No matter how much I try to screw His plan up, Jesus is one step ahead of me cleaning up my mess and working His plan. There are countless times in my life God has taken something that was bad or just ghetto and made it perfect. When I was 2 my biological mom left my baby stuff on the porch and took off. I haven't seen or heard from her since that day. As a mother of a 2 year, old who I am madly in love with, I can not even fathom the decision she made that day. But God knew... A year later my father married one of the most amazing women in the world.... my mom. She has taught me what true strength is, honesty and love. Just as Jesus has adopted us, the most powerful bond, she chose me. My love for her is immeasurable. God knew... He took what was devastating to my family and gave me a mom.... a mom that chose me.

His plan is perfect!!!

About 5 years ago I began working out at BONA Fitness, a local gym. I worked out there for about 3 months training for fitness competitions with a few of their trainers. After about 3 months of a 1200 calorie diet, training twice a day, and a month of jacked up intestines, I left the gym. About 2 months ago I was in search of a half marathon to train for and I came across the BONA Foundation 5k. So, I checked it out and sure enough the owner of BONA Fitness who I worked out with had started the BONA Foundation, a foundation to help fight childhood obesity. The more interesting thing about this is I had recently gotten 2 students (I'm an elementary PE teacher) whose BMI's are over 40. A BMI over 30 is considered obese. I had been racking my brain and talking with my nurse about some ways we can help these kids. I had to be far more than just coming to PE once a week (I know...once a week is CRAZY!!!). So.... I emailed my friend K with the BONA Foundation and told him about my kiddos and that I had to do and would do ANYTHING to help them. Every since then we have been developing the BLAST after school program. The program will work with these students who are overweight and/or obese and also with students who are in the "gap" (kids who aren't into anything and are having discipline issues). Long story short we have been presenting our program all over Houston and recently presented at the Fighting Childhood Obesity Conference. The people God has put in our path is insane!!! And today a doctor literally walked in my office from a local hospital and wanted to know how he could help me. We have been looking for a doctor to do physicals for our kids and to follow them through out the program, which will start in the Fall. Can you freaking beleive this. God knew that my relationship with this trainer was going to turn into more than him kicking my tail in a workout. He was going to partner us to help save lives!!!!!

These are just 2 stories out of like a gazillion of how no matter what.... no matter how much I messed up or other people mess up, His plan remains. I am so thankful, so in awe of Him.

Thank you Lord that You, who spoke the world into motion, care about my details. And I pray, Jesus that these details will always glorify You. Thank You that You have me right here, right now. Amen.

If you get a chance, check out BONA's website at www.bonafoundation.com!!!

2 comments:

  1. So true Cassie!

    Wow! What a difference you are making in the lives of those kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so amazing the people that God puts in our lives for his perfect plan! These stories are perfect examples of that!

    ReplyDelete